Re: Humidifying Box Construction and Happy Holidays!

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/24/00-08:08:20 AM Z

Dan,

This may be a bit difficult if your darkroom is huge and you're in a
semi-arid part of Texas, but I like to simply get the whole darkroom to
desired humidity level and let the sheets dry for 20 minutes to an hour.
This also makes it likely that the humidity won't change much during
exposure, which with some of my pyro-developed negatives can be in the
twenty minute range. Right now in my leaky lab in a cold snap the
humidity is down around 30%, but if I needed to print platinum I could
get it into the fifties/sixties in a couple hours with a sick-room
humidifier and a lab sink full of 90 degree water.---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/