Re: Humidifying Box Construction and Happy Holidays!

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/24/00-11:42:42 AM Z

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Carl Weese wrote:
> .... Right now in my leaky lab in a cold snap the
> humidity is down around 30%, but if I needed to print platinum I could
> get it into the fifties/sixties in a couple hours with a sick-room
> humidifier and a lab sink full of 90 degree water.---Carl

> > Any tips on building a box for humidifying hand-coated papers?

Any tips on humidity meters? I bought a digital R/H and temperature
meter, or as it's marked, "thermo-hygro," a while back for about $40. I
don't need perfect precision in either, but some of the behavior of this
one leads me to suspect that it's cuckoo.

Are there any litmus tests for performance? What should a reasonably
reliable instrument cost? Where do we get one?

thanks...

Judy