Re: Humidifying Box Construction and Happy Holidays!

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12/24/00-11:22:24 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:
> Any tips on humidity meters? I bought a digital R/H and temperature
> meter, or as it's marked, "thermo-hygro," a while back for about $40.
> Are there any litmus tests for performance? What should a reasonably
> reliable instrument cost? Where do we get one?

I have found a good source on lab instruments to be Hanna Instruments.
USA - CORPORATE
Hanna Instruments, Inc.
584 Park East Drive
Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA
Tel: (401) 765-7500
Fax: (401) 765-7575
www.hannainst.com

They make all types of instruments from pocket to sophisticated high
end.
Their catalog gives accuracy, prices, and more. I have been happy with
several Hanna instruments. Their instruments are also rugged. A quick
look in their catalog shows relative humidity meters from $80 through
$800.

The $80 pocket model ("Hydrocheck") measures 10% to 90% RH at a
resolution of 0.1% RH and an accuracy of +-3% full scale.
housing made of ABS
LCD display of RH
performs all conversions electronically
measures in seconds without swinging like a sling
size 7.1 x 1.2 x 0.6 inches
weighs 2.2 ounces
price includes batteries, soft case, and instruction manual

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/