Re: Jobo handles, Jobo response

From: William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Date: 02/01/00-07:18:25 PM Z

 The Lift Handle Attachment is this part. If you make this part out
>of metal, you will likely damage the internal gear
>mechanism, which is much harder to access, and rather annoying to fix, even
>for skilled workers.

After breaking two or three lift handles, I had a machinist make me one out
of solid metal. He took a working handle for the measurments, etc. I've
been using that handle for nearly ten years without a problem. An unrelated
part of my last Jobo lift broke and it was cheaper to buy a new lift than
to repair the old one, so I bought a new one and put the metal lift handle
on the new lift and it works fine, too. I can lift a 20x24 drum or the
Expert drum for 5 8x10's with a liter of chemistry without a problem and
without needing a second hand under the drum.

                          WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

           Tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com