Re: Unsizing Paper

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/16/00-01:45:37 PM Z

Thanks to all who responded to my post on unsizing paper. Last week I was so
desperate as nothing seemed to work. Now I seem think I have found the
problem. I need to wait a few days with the gelatin+alum size for it to
harden enough. I *never* had this problem before probably it just so happened
that most of the time I printed a few days after I size my paper so it went
unnoticed. Now (after a week) even the "bad" paper seems to be working
beautifully.

For those who have asked me (offlist) about the size I use and whom I have
replied, if you decide to try the gelatin+alum size, please wait a few days
(maybe a week would be even better) before you use the paper. I guess
humidity and other parameters might affect the hardening, so for your case it
might work the first day, but it might be better to wait a little.

Then for those who are waiting for my SDC samples, sorry for the wait. Among
all things, I never expected this to be a problem since I never had any
sizing problem since the first day I tried direct carbon (which was gum in my
case). Since paper just became "ok" in today's tests, I will wait 1-2 more
days for the sized paper to harden further and then make the print. Thank you
very much for your patience and understanding!!!

Dave Soemarko