Re: Supplier Silverprint problem

BillNoll@aol.com
Date: 02/18/00-11:29:46 AM Z

I'm sorry I didn't catch the rest of this thread, however suggestion for
people worried about online credit card theft is to reduce one of your card's
limits to 500.00 or less, and use it for your online transactions.

In most cases in the US, you're not liable for unauthorized use and when you
are, it's limited to 50.00. I'm sure there's exceptions; charges from other
countries, for example. But, in general, the liability rests with the company
that sold the goods or services to the unauthorized buyer.

Another tip is to make sure your billing address is not accessible to others
(through directory assistance, for example). So how do you get things shipped
to your home address if a vendor will only ship to your billing address? Most
credit card banks allow you to keep two valid addresses in their records, a
bill to and a ship to.

I hope this helps.

Bill Noll