Re: Supplier Silverprint problem

From: Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Date: 02/18/00-04:22:02 PM Z

We buy over the internet, telephone, fax etc all the time. If there is
ever a problem you just call the credit card company and report that
you have not authorised the payment.
This has happened twice to us, once when someone physically copied the
information on our card and transferred it to another card of which
they could forge the signature. They went on a spending spree but we
were not liable for any of it because the vendor had not checked the
details correctly when asking for authorisation.
They must check the signature AND that the card number matches when
presented with a card. For mail order fraud you would be covered by
the credit card company anyway.
It is always a good idea to keep details secret, but what happens when
a waiter disappears with your card. Are you sure he is not swiping
your card to get all the details from it transferred to his own?
The real problem occurs when a vendor charges an amount to your card
which you do not think is the right amount. Hotels and car hire
services in the USA do this every time we use express check out
facilities, so now we tend to agree the amount when checking out or
returning the car and get a receipt.

Anyway this is getting off topic isn't it?

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT - UK
Tel: + 44 181 883 8638