Re: Fw: Fw: William Mortensen Mystery

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 02/22/00-08:39:34 PM Z

At 05:52 PM 02/22/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>A.D. Cloeman seems to be a champion of the Mortensen history, darkened by
>the Baumount Newhall overshadow of historians.
>
>After I had forwarded the thread on an 8mm of Mortensen information to him,
>he requested me to add this to our alt-photo list, since he is not a
>technician and not a subscriber it is interesting that we learn of this,
>none the less.
>
>Steve Shapiro
>
>If any of the above doens not make sense, I shall takeflames, comments
>orkudos as the case has been, and may well be, again. No sweat.

Forwarded message snipped...
  If the Metalchrome process was patented it would be interesting to see
the patent. In the absence of an actual patent number it would be helpful
to know approximately when the patent was issued and to whome. The Los
Angeles City public library has a pretty complete patent department so
finding it is possible.
  Of course, there is no guarantee that the patent describes the entire
process as practiced.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.