Re: Salted Paper Sizing

Sandy,

The sizing formula that I use is no secret. It is the process outlined in
"Keepers of Light" by Crawford on page 142.  Gelatin sizing is my choice.
The papers that I use with great success are Fabriano Uno, Bristol Plate,
Cranes Cover, Platino, Cottmans Water Color, Strathmore Water Color.  These
are all either cold or hot pressed and no lighter than 140 pound.  The
Cranes is 90 pound.  To apply the sizing, I simply brush it on.  There is no
reason to soak the paper in a tray of sizing.  Many papers are heavily
sized, but one can never tell what will happen from batch to batch. Applying
your own sizing is a measure of added security.

Good luck,

Joe