Selenium

There was some discussion a few weeks back re: the possibility of toning
salted paper prints with selenium. It was suggested that Kodak Rapid
Selenium Toner would not work because it contained sodium thiosulfate (or
was it something else?). I actually tried it at a dilution of 1:100 as
someone suggested and found that it reduced the image to an unacceptable
degree. I would now like to try plain selenium, and have two questions. 1.
Is selenium the same stuff one can get in health food stores? and 2. Has
anyone actually tried this with salted paper? If so, would appreciate any
help.

Sandy King