two questions on 4x5 film and holders

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 06/07/00-11:29:21 PM Z

This is really elementary, but I wondered what everyone's BW 4x5 film
preference is: TMAX 100 or TriX or what? If you want, you can email me off
list if this is not applicable. I always use TMAX 100 but another
photographer totally disagreed with that choice and I was wondering if this
is fact or opinion.
    Another question: I have a couple film holders that are really sticky
in the slider grooves. Has anyone ever soaked their film holders in water,
or how better to clean that kind of residue off? Air has not done it. I
can't figure out how to get in there to get the goop out...
Chris