Re: Mix your own FO?

Nick,

There are not necessarily two parts to the FO. That is just one
approach, in which the second solution has a certain amount of contrast
agent added, usually potassium chlorate. There is no special reason to
do it this way. I prefer to use a straight bottle of FO and add a single
drop of very dilute contrast agent to the emulsion--on the rare
occassions that I need any. Because I use contrast agents so seldom, a
bottle of "#2" FO would go bad long before I'd used a fraction of it.
You can also do your contrast control at the development step with
additives there.

---Carl

--
Website with online galleries and workshop information at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/