Re: Buxton paper

From: Amanda Lane (amandal@clara.co.uk)
Date: 11/05/00-10:55:56 AM Z

You can order the paper from Jon Purcell, 15 Rumsey Road, London, SW9 OTR.
Telephone: 44 (0) 207 737 5199. A small paper maker in France makes the
Paper and you would need to make an arrangement with Jon Purcell and
negotiate a minimum order and then he will sell the rest. Maybe 150 to 200
sheets (a guess). I spoke to them earlier this year about getting a batch
made, however, I had problems clearing the paper for the develop out pt/pd.,
so I did not pursue this. It is expensive, however I think if you are making
a large enough order to warrant a new batch being made then I believe the
price would be lower than the £5 to £6 a sheet that it was sold for in the
shops. Since it is a handmade paper the cost is higher than a machine
mould made paper. If you contact Mike Ware he may have some sheets left, he
sold me a sheet earlier this year for £5. I am sure someone on the list must
have his email address.
It is a beautiful paper and the person who makes the paper is a very fine
paper maker who was based in England and moved to France some years ago. I
once visited his paper mill and his papers are exquisite. Jon Purcell is his
distributor.
Best wishes
Amanda Lane.

--

---------- From: 1232-553-1 <1232-553@onlinehome.de> To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca Subject: Buxton paper Date: Sun, Nov 5, 2000, 7:29 am

Hi everybody

After 4 years of film and video work and being 'off-list', I've just started again with my photographic work.

Years ago I had a paper called Buxton. I remember that this paper was originally designed by Mike Ware for platinium / palladium processes but I used it for carbon transfer with extra sizing before use.

Had never again a paper producing such 'velvet like' carbon prints like this mold made paper.

Question is, if this paper is still available and who does distribute it (german market, but mailorder would be o.k. as well)?

Was looking for Mike Ware on the Web, but only got some manuals of him.

Additionally to that, any other ideas or sources for hand made papers (from small paper mills or paper makers) suitable for carbon or platinium would be fine.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards Stefan _________________________________________________ 2s.artificial image design Stefan S. Stecher

http://www.2s-image.de kontakt@2s-image.de <mailto:kontakt@2s-image.de>

Domain is still under construction!

voice +49 (0) 69 - 954508-03 /-06 fax +49 (0) 69 - 954508-04