Re: archival attachment to aluminum

From: Ken Sinclair (photo1@telusplanet.net)
Date: 11/25/00-01:17:22 PM Z

Christina,

While I have never had the need to so do, I came across this formula on
page 360 of the 1957 British Journal Photographic Almanac

Fixing paper to Metal

Tragacanth 60 g
Gum Arabic 240g
Water 1000 cc

Now If I could just figure out what "Tragacanth" is.....

>Has anyone tried to mount a photograph onto aluminum? Does archival mount
>tissue work? Or is there another suggestion?
>Chris

Ken
(who is pondering the use and wondering about finding/using a(n) Hemp paper
for non-silver printing paper).