AN EDUCATION IN REALITY?

DEAR LIST,
    Please forgive me but I am confused.  The student in question wants to
hang images in which he believes.  The University doesn't want to be put in
a position of liability.  The student may learn his or her greatest lesson
about responsibility in relation to freedom by hanging the images he
believes in and taking the consequences.  I live on a very small Island
which greatly resembles a small American town on a rock.  The populace, in
general, is very religious and conservative.  I have hung figure studies,
taking the risk and consequences but I am still a respected, working fine
art
photographer here.  That is the reality of being an artist.  We have
freedoms in our society associated with responsibilities.  Can't have it
both ways.  Isn't this part of higher education?  If not, then we are
failing our students by not preparing them for that world they will walk
into at the very perimeter of the University campus....and very soon!
                                                        CHEERS!
                                                            BOB KISS