Re: to mat or not..

important as the print..NO WAY!...

I think it is a matter of preference..I do not overmat my prints and when
framing them, often leave the edges visible because I do feel that my
brushstrokes are an important part of my prints.

I feel the same about my non photographic prints..I always frame them with
the edges of the paper showing..float framed because I feel that the border
around the print is and can be a part of the image area. Paper is important
to the print. No matter whether an image is overmatted or not..that border
becomes part of the vision area..ie, color of the mat, width of the border,
texture etc.

finally, I guess it all boils down to preference. I appreciate the fact that
some people include the border as part of their image area. Some amazingly
serendipidous things can be discovered in the borders.