Re: salted paper and Arches Platine

At 08:08 25.08.01 -0700, you wrote:
>That has been a pickle that has come up. I can't seem to get the warmer
>tones either. Since I tend to make prints that lean towards a purple color
>bias,  I have not fully looked into this. My suspicion is that papers have
>changed over the years.  Also, if you are using the salting formula(s) that
>contain sodium citrate, that will cool the image somewhat also.  If you are
>very interested in strong brown tones, you may have to accomplish this with
>toners.
>
>Joe

Joe,
Actually, I like the colour of my salt prints if I get the borax toner to
work as I want it; I just wanted some variation, and therefore tried the
starch.
Initially I used sodium citrate in the salting solution, but I skipped it
because citric acid mixed with the silvernitrate seems to have exactly the
same effect.
Do you think tartaric or oxalic acid in the nitrate solution, or rochelle
salt in the salting solution might give different hues?

Lukas