Re: QUESTIONS for Dave R,. Re: registering paper negatives

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 02/06/01-09:29:38 PM Z

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Dave Rose wrote:

> When I did use the 'tape negative to print' method, I taped along two or
> more edges. I found this method cumbersome, and was unable to acheive the
> quality that I now realize, using registration pins.

I'm trying to figure out why that should be, and can only suppose that the
gum gods take a person who uses registration pins more seriously...

So you trim off the part with the holes and the dots? I realize it's
possible to build an extension on the paper to take holes and dots, but
then you lose rigidity and also the page gets too large -- won't fit into
the light table or the trays either .... so that's NOT going to solve my
problems (especially since i like so far as possible to keep the deckle
edge & have nice wide white borders), but it's a provocative thought.

Would you care to hazard a guess or two why that registration pins hold
better (in addition to the above)?

Judy