10x8 Rollo Pyro Development

From: Nash Computer Technology (nashcom@btinternet.com)
Date: 02/16/01-02:06:09 PM Z

Hi

At last, I've splashed-out and bought a 10x8" back for my Arca-Swiss camera.
I've just ordered a dark-slide and some Kodak Tri-X, and am now starting to
wonder how to process the film!

I've been using Tri-X in 5x4" format, and have been developing it in Rollo
Pyro in a Jobo CPE2 with lift in a 2509 sheet-film drum.

I can't afford a Jobo Expert drum and CPP/CPA at the minute, so I'm
wondering what the options are.

I read in the "New Platinum Print" that it's not possible to tray-process
with Rollo Pyro, although I'm not sure why - surely (if I process one sheet
at a time) constant agitation of the trays would be similar to the Jobo
motion? If anyone successfully tray processes with Rollo Pyro, I'd love to
hear an exact description of the process.

I've just thought about processing one sheet at a time in a Jobo print drum
in my CPE2. I seem to recall reading about possible problems with uneven
development or uneven removal of the anti-halation layer. Has anyone tried
this method?

I'm used to my current process which gives consistent results, and would
prefer some method of easily obtaining similar results with the larger film.

Thanks in advance

David Nash