RE: home depot lacquer

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 02/16/01-11:44:38 PM Z

I do not remember the exact ingredients in the Home depot stuff but it does
not have Ether in it, they use some other solvent. I also can not remember
if it has alcohol because what I do remember from reading the ingredients
was a concern that there was not anything that would attract water. A
requirement to get silver( from the silver nitrate solution) to the bromides
and iodides. With out getting the silver into the film, and only having it
on the surface, it will just wash off in the fix.

As for smell or getting faint. I would expect it to smell greatly. As with
all solvents ventilation would be advisable.

This is also the stuff the fireworks guys paint on around their fuse to keep
things waterproof.