Re: 10x8 Rollo Pyro Development

From: Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/16/01-11:48:57 PM Z

While standing in the dark can be both meditative and contemplative, and
open tray development can be very romantic and nostalgic, I say that tube
processing can't be beat for its efficiency, repeatability, even
development, and reduced chemical exposure via both skin and breathing.
This is an especially high concern when using Pyro developers. And yes, my
motor base's sort of white noise can be very meditative and reassuring too
because I know that my film is happily sloshing around in a lovely light
tight environment just waiting to hatch into beautiful fully processed
negatives in the end. The investment in the tubes is worth it. If you want
to save a few bucks you can use a $150.00 motor base instead of the $1500 +
Jobo processing unit.

Gary Miller