cyanotypes

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 02/24/01-05:46:23 PM Z

I am getting ready to make some cyanotypes next month (my first alt-process
experiments) and I have a few questions. The only book I have about how to
do it is the Ansel Adams guide, vol 2, which got a bad review in
Post-Factory. People on this list have recommended Mike Ware's book, but
I'm not clear on whether it teaches only his "new" process, or older
processes as well. Also, it's rather expensive. I wonder if there is an
inexpensive brochure that gives step by step instructions. Issue 5 of
Post-Factory has some instructions--maybe that's all I need? Do the kits
from Bostick and Sullivan include instructions?

Also: if I figure out how to develop a negative for cyanotypes, will the
same negative also work for palladium printing?

--shannon