Re: coating cyano

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 01/27/01-09:45:54 AM Z

In a message dated 1/26/01 9:29:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jseigel@panix.com writes:

<< OK, it's almost February, think I've got it -- which is to say negative
 still goes directly on the print, so you don't lose contact. But still the
 light is going through the acetate -- how is that optically, & what does
 it do speed-wise? >>

Judy,

The use of acetate for registration has been used in graphic arts for
exposing plates (which are UV sensitive), so I don't think it will be a
problem.

But if you are worry about it, or if it does create a problem, you can tape
the acetate only on one side (or two sides) of the paper negative instead of
laying the whole negative on top of the acetate. If you do that, you can use
also a one-inch clear lith film, for example, and draw some registration mark
with permanent marker, or use a one-inch exposed lith film and punch two
holes on it. We should have lots of clear or opague lith film around. :-)

The basic idea is simply to tape the paper negative to something transparent
which you can put registration marks on.

Dave S