Re: keeping on topic

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 07/10/01-11:57:34 AM Z

Jeffrey and all, While I agree that prints from inkjet printers are not Alt
and that inkjet negatives for Alt processes are more than suitable for
discussion, I have to distinguish between the inkjet as a process and as
that of a tool.

We are all familiar with the changing methods and tools available to
artists/photographers beginning on day one and how throughout time, great
discourse has been generated with regard to how those methods sometimes make
the resulting product tainted, at least in the minds of the various peer
groups. Be it through the control of contrast control, masking, montage or
knives vs. brushes somehow, the purists from any given dicipline always seem
to have a negative perspective.

I for one am in favor of the use of any tool that gets the job done.

Nick