Re: tray processing vs jobo

Kerik717@aol.com
Date: 07/20/01-02:10:56 PM Z

> Seems that another trick would be maintaining processing temperature,
> obviously no problem at room temp, but...
>
> Pam

Nah... Temperature control is not a major issue for BW processing, as long as you're consistent. If the temp in your darkroom doesn't fluctuate wildly, simply start the developer at the same temp each time and standardize on that. When I use PMK in the Jobo drum, I start it at 80 Deg F and it comes out at about 76 or 77 after 8-10 minutes. I get great, consistent, beautiful negs this way.

In fact I have 2 Jobo Expert drums and multiple motor bases, so I can process 10 sheets of 8x10 at a time. A great time-saver when I have lots of film to process. I'm just not a fan of tray processing, although I do it for my 14x17 negs. I had trouble with rotary processing that size, for some reason.

Kerik