Pinhole at night

From: dbaird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 06/06/01-02:02:17 PM Z

Hi Folks,

I have a student bent on making pinhole photos at night. If this wasn't a
project due in two weeks, I'd be more optimistic, but he insists this is his
best idea. So I've gotten some 11X14 HP5 film for his camera -- which does make
very good pinhole images (during the day). I know he will have reciprocity
failure, but how much extra time at (approx.) f/180 will he need to adjust. He's
smartly working on alleyways which are pretty well lit, he also has a decent
meter (a Luna Six I think). I've guessed he needs an exposure of 1.5 hours,
without pushing the film. This comes from a dusty spot in my brain when I used
to make nighttime images with the same film and adjusting for the (TINY!)
pinhole aperture.

Anybody out there have any real world experience with this type of situation?

-- Darryl Baird