Re: MFA worth it . . I'd say so

photo@lesliebauer.com
Date: 08/22/02-08:54:33 PM Z

I would like to ditto Jack's comments, being a student of
 his several years ago. My mfa was one of the best
 decisions I made. Sure it cost a lot and I will be paying
 uncle sam for who knows how long. It was worth every cent.
 I got the degree for myself, because I wanted it. Not just
 because it would allow me to teach. The points that really
 stand out is the community you create, so be sure you are
 going to a school in a place you think you may want to
 stay. The second is critique, you'll never get any better.
 I've been out of school for five years and am still part
 of a strong critique group that started the summer we all
 graduated.

Highly recommend getting an MFA.