ONE LAST LENOX

From: Jeff Buckels (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 02/11/02-09:19:28 PM Z

Alt photo process printer Jeanne Flowers writes to me today concerning
the mysterious, apparently internal-sizing-related, "dark bars" visible
in Lenox during wet processing. To wit: One side of Lenox is rougher
than the other. The difference is subtle but observable under a good
light. I had dimly perceived this when I did my test, but it's subtle
enough that I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it. Anyway, this
rougher side appears to be the "right" or proper side. Jeanne says that
if you print on the smoother side, the shadowy bars will still be
evident after drying, esp. with black backgrounds. If you print on the
better, rougher side then you will not have the bars, at least in the
dried print.... I printed all my test prints on the same side, which
appears (willy nilly) to have been the rougher side, so I didn't put
this very useful lesson together. Cheers. -jeff buckels