Re: Duplicating film

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 02/28/02-07:12:54 AM Z

In a message dated 2/28/02 3:05:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, cor@lumc.nl
writes:

<< ..yes I tried, but as you obviuosly know, this developer is much
 "slower"... An exposure of 90 sec at f5.6 (150mm lens, condensor
 enlager, 150 w bulb) gave a barely visible image after 7 min developing
 in LC-1 2:3:5, so I gave up on this dilution..

It seems like it is a good thing to try other dilution though. I don't mean
to "advertise" LC-1, but if the original difficulty is being too contrasty,
it seems like 2:3:5 is too low in contrast, so we are getting there. :-)

I would suggest trying 2:0:8 (that is, if you are still interested in using
LC-1 for it). 2:0:8 is the no bisulfite version. I think between that and
2:3:5 we will find a good dilution for it. In fact, the original idea when I
developed the developer is that the alkalinity can be adjusted for different
films.

Dave S