Re: gum printing size

From: julian smart (julian@jsmart.fslife.co.uk)
Date: 03/11/02-03:23:03 PM Z

Christina,
The largest prints I have made were 19*15", all multiple coat and nearly
always 4 coats, but five if a rich shadow density is required.
I think the logistics of finding an extremely huge sink/tray and producing
large negs. would be the limiting factor for most printers. I also find the
aesthetic qualities of a good gum print quite intimate in a way, a way that
would be spoiled by printing larger. Just my thoughts ;~)
Julian.