Re: beginner seeks help---long pt/pd exposure times

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 03/31/02-03:25:52 PM Z

> Clyde,
>
> Although not truely linear, if you swapped
> to 40 watt units, your printing time should be cut in half.
> You could also
> try this, do a couple test exposures in the sun. If the printing time
stays
> painfully long (I live in Tucson and sunlight prints take only about six
> ten minutes), look at your chemistry. Good luck.
>
> Joe Portale

I think the swapping of the bulbs might be the wrong thing to do without
swapping the ballasts. The ballasts for 20W bulbs are generally not
adequate for 40W bulbs.

I not sure about the bulbs in use in this situation and their suitability
for Pt/Pd, but I completely agree with the test Joe describes above.

BTW, my Pt/Pd prints all come up in about 3-4 minutes and about the same
time (maybe a little less in the sun).

Nick