Re: Problems clearing with cyanotype.

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 11/06/02-12:03:43 PM Z

This just sounds plain odd and I'm sure you'll get many ideas from this
wonderful list.
My thoughts:
1. The paper you use may be 'nappy' . . meaning it is thick and absorbent
    with a noticeable surface. This could hold chemicals and you'd have a
    tough time washing them out

2. Attempt to run a stream of water on a particular spot only. Allow the
    water to flow over the paper. Where it strikes the paper w/the most
    flow and force, see if that clears.

3. Use a slight first rinse w/5% vinegar, then wash

4. Use a first soak/bath with distilled water only. Change twice, then wash

5. Maybe you did not expose enough. How deep is the blue you obtain? If it
    is not a deep blue, you did not expose enough thereby leaving lot of non
    converted chemicals in the paper.

Let us know what solves it

Jack Fulton