Gum Bichromates and Ventilation

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/08/02-09:15:53 PM Z

Hey Everyone,

i just recieved the chemicals to do my first Gum Bichromates, and i've a
question regarding ventilation. i do not yet have a darkroom available to
me. at least not one in my home, and i don't want to use the one at my
school because i'm afraid i will kill someone with fumes. so i'm wondering
exactly how much ventilation i need to mix the sensitizer for gum prints. i
was going to do it in my bathroom, with a fan in the window and a dual
filter respirator. but i'm worried that after i finish and remove said
respirator, i will inhale fumes and die. haha, maybe i'm exagerating, but
i'd rather not take these chemicals with a casual attitude. i also do not
wish to kill my family.

so will that be enough ventilation? should i go out to the garage or
something? please let me know what you think.

thanks,

steve