Re: UV Radiation is good for me.

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 11/25/02-09:46:32 AM Z

John,

If the warnings from others about the dire consequences of exposing
yourself to short wave UV radiation were insufficient to deter you
from breaking the outer glass I will appeal to your monetary
interest. The reason is simple. A 175 watt metal halide lamp is not
going to be very effective in exposing for UV processes, and for
various reasons, the most important being the inability of glass to
pass radiation shorter than about 300 nanometers, breaking the outer
glass will not help matters much. So, one way or another you are
going to want to take the bulb back to Home Deport and I am sure that
will be much more likely to take it back with the outer glass intact!!

Sandy King