silane

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 09/02/02-11:52:16 AM Z

Hi Christina,

Remember me from a while back? (I think it was you!) We were both trying to
find a source for some of that Dow-Corning Z-6040 silane product? Anyway, I
finally found it. In a word, I find it to pretty much worthless, having
spent about a month with some chemists trying to figure it out. I'd be glad
to send some to you if you like and are still interested.

I forgot your intended purpose, but you might be interested in mine: I'm
trying to print a series of grain elevators on aluminum panels using gum
bichromate. When it works, the metal shining through and around the pigment
pretty much captures the actual look of a metal grain elevator. I'm working
on about 30 of these pictures, of which about half were all located in
Montana!

Let me know if you still want this stuff (and my advice, unless you know
anything about it, is to forget it!)

Later,

Keith