Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/10/02-12:51:51 AM Z

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Pam Niedermayer wrote:

> As to the geese in Chicago, that problem, too, is a result of population
> explosion, ours. Used to be the geese had plenty of non-metropolitan
> places to be; but no more, not for 20 years now. They, too, just want to
> survive.

Actually Pam, those Canadian geese are a serious problem through the east
as well. My understanding is that it's due to the loss of natural
predators and the excess of the kind of territory (lawns, cultivated
waterways) that they thrive on, also laws that prevent human predation.
The geese population has exploded, and various parks & fields become
unusable, in fact killed through their excrement.

J.