Re: inkjet negs palladium prints

From: Larry Roohr (larry.roohr@comcast.net)
Date: 08/05/03-09:34:36 AM Z

For what it's worth, a while back I did a scan/print/scan experiment
with a resolution test target on glossy paper, Epson 1160 printer, 1440
dpi, and arrived at the conclusion that you could get about 8 lpmm on
the print. Paul Roarke did a similar experiment at about the same time
and arrived at a similar conclusion.

I also once scanned in an 8x10 neg and made a pictorico inkjet negative
to match the original, and then compared the two. If you looked closely
at the original neg and the inkjet version side by side with a loupe
you'd be horrified, step back and look at them as prints and it would
come down to your aesthetic preferences, some would think they were
close or the same, others would disagree with this.

I can tell you I've seen lovely palladium prints done with Epson inkjet
negatives.

Larry