Re: CGP was Re: Big neg (was: Cyanotypes on glass)

From: Gordon J. Holtslander ^lt;holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Date: 12/10/03-01:22:23 PM Z

Wow - supplanted by technology. You need to find a Luddite printer :)

I didn't realize digital printing was so prevalent elsewhere. I wonder if
there is another industry that litho?

Maybe you scandanavians should do a joint bulk order.

Gord

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Galina wrote:

> No, Gordon, I am sorry to say, but
>
> everything is purely digital here in Norway too!
>
> Some years ago I had pleasure of getting rests of lith materials from
> local printing firms, but now they have either sold it all to me or
> thrown out the rest of it, I have been calling nearly every firm in
> Scandinavia (Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm, as I teach often there).
>
> So for me the easiest is to order through websites, but as I said, it
> turns to three times the original price due to taxes and shipping. It
> is far too expensive to mail things from USA or Canada too. So I have
> been ordering from Silveprint in London or taking materials with me
> when traveling.
>
> Galina.
> www.galina.no
>
> On Tuesday, Dec 9, 2003, at 16:40 Europe/Oslo, Gordon J. Holtslander
> wrote:
>

> > Hi:
> >
> > At risk of being overly persistent - I'm surprised its not available.
> > I buy my CGP through our local Heidelberg prepress shop. I order by
> > phone, pay with a credit-card, and its couriered to me from their
> > regional
> > warehouse. I've never tried buying directly from Polychrome.

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2