Re: flying....

From: Kerik (Kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 09/04/03-02:52:59 PM Z

Hi Christine,

The worst thing you can do is put film in your checked luggage. They use
high-powered xray machines for the checked luggage THAT WILL DEFINITELY FOG
FILM. I hand-carried film on my trip to Greece and Italy this summer. I
was able to convince most of the screeners to hand inspect. The only
airport they unconditionally refused (and somewhat rudely) was London
Heathrow. My film was xrayed through the carry-on machine a total of 4
times (I think) with no apparent problems.

By coincidence, I am flying to Scotland on 9/15 thanks to a last-minute
invitation to speak at the Scottish RPS annual gathering. I will be staying
with a friend and so shipped a couple of boxes of 7"x17" film via express
mail to him. It should be waiting for me when I get there.

As an aside, this is my first time in Scotland, so any travel suggestions
are welcomed!

Kerik