new to list

From: Dalyvoss@aol.com
Date: 11/02/04-10:01:17 AM Z

I just subscribed, and would like to say hello, and introduce myself to the
list.

I've been a painter and printmaker for many years, and viewed photography as
more of a hobby. I shot primarily 35 mm and had a simple "bathroom darkroom"
i'd set up a couple of times a year. Last year brought a turning point
though, when i married " a man with a darkroom and a large format camera ", and now
i find myself lurking at alt photography sites and having dark thoughts of
coating all my printmaking and other fine art papers with light sensitive
concoctions. ok... i've admitted it. here i am.

processes i'm especially interested in are gum bichromate and photogravure.
I'm smitten with the look of both, and they seem suited to my skills in
painting and printmaking. I've been doing a lot of reading, including the archives
here, and i'm now ready to start ordering some supplies and getting set up.
The learning curve is steep! one of my first tasks is to build a UV exposure
unit. Any advice about that would be appreciated, as would the latest
information about buying the G35 carbon tissue ( do i have to buy a whole roll? yikes
$$$$ ).

Thanks for all the information i've already gotten from the archives here.
I'm looking forward to joining in.

all the best,
Susan Daly Voss