RE: Pure Pt printing and solarization

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 12/01/05-01:55:25 PM Z

Cor, Your hairdryer appears to be too close from my experience. There is no
golden absolute, but I try to stay at least 20cm away. I , when drying that
way, would dry the front of the paper for 1-2 minutes, flip it over and dry
the back side for an additional 6 minutes. After flipping the paper, you can
increase the temp to high from med. I use a rather different way to
determine soak time; absolute per paper type. Let one soak in 1 minute, dry.
Examine the paper for grain, wash off/bleeding. Soak 1:30, repeat, until 3
minutes. See if the paper shows poor black, bleeding, paper fiber, etc. In
other words, look for the best print. Waiting until the paper goes dull can
be too long. I use "to paper dull" as the way to tell when it is safe to
flip. You can use a smooth surface to do the backside dry.

I forgot the micro liter abbreviation.

Why larger? I find that small spaces can lead to quickly apparent coating
issues; too thin, too thick, etc. The smaller you work the more quick an
imbalance shows up in the print; too much FO for metal, too little,..

 Which weight paper?

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226