Re: View camera vs. field camera ( was RE: A couple of questions.)

From: Nick Zentena ^lt;zentena@sympatico.ca>
Date: 07/05/05-06:52:23 PM Z

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 20:40, Ehud Yaniv wrote:

> Now, what are the real, functional, differences between a view and field
> camera other than the package? Do both have the same shifts, swings, etc.)
> I will be using my new camera both in and out in the field but I would like
> to do a lot of still life.

        My field camera a Shen Hao 5x7 has basically all the movements and lots of
bellows. Bellows length might be more of an issue with some field cameras
then movements. Some 4x5 field cameras won't have very long bellows. Not
really an issue for landscapes. Every different camera can be different. I
wouldn't get stuck on the names.

        Nick