Re: New Epson's and PDN

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 07/25/05-03:13:38 PM Z

    I have the Epson R800 which uses one of their Ultrachrome inksets. It
is a great printer--but the inks do NOT hold back UV very well. I could not
get any good combination on Nelson's Ink Jet Palette(testing classic
cyanotype). In addition, Epson inks are really expensive; I switched to
some second party inks which are also transparent to UV except in the all
black mode.
    If you live where there is a brick&morter store which sells them, they
will probably run a test for you.
Charles Portland, OR