RE: Best CI for process

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 10/03/05-03:00:42 PM Z

It is derived by looking at the 21 step scale, taking away the absolute dmax
reading, taking away the absolute dmin reading, and seeing what's left. I
interpret the useful dmax in a more liberal way than some might. At 8
minutes of exposure I produce a full scale printing of a 21 step scale with
the chemistry and procedure listed in previous post.

I think that a major problem with setting standards, within a system of
platinum/palladium printing, is that assumptions are made with regards to a
whole pool of complex interactions.

I have not mapped out a complete set of exposure scales for each variation
in my pool of variables. I have taken my 21 steps scales and printed them
with various batches of FO; B&S, Artcraft, Formulary, self made, Jeffrey's,
and compared speed, printout, and color. I have also taken them and printed
them with variations ratio of PT to PD.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9