RE: Best CI for process

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 10/03/05-03:11:14 PM Z

Clay,

I do indeed use a figure of 90% black when plotting with the
Winplotter program. This gives very close to the same value as when
measuring a step wedge print in the way I just described to Mark,
i.e. from the first step about pure paper white to the first shadow
step that merges visually with the next one.

What I have been trying to figure out from the beginning of this
thread is is, 1) are Eric and Emille using options which give a much
longer ES than I am used to in my work, or 2) are we simply using
terminology and practice that does not allow us to communicate
intelligently on the subject?

I still have not figured out which is the case, though some of the
recent communications are making me lean toward the second of the two
possibilities.

Sandy