Re: expiration dates on film boxes

From: jpptprnt@verizon.net
Date: 10/13/05-12:15:09 PM Z

Shannon,

I have worked with TriX for over 30 years, and have found it to be a very
stable film. I have shot new fresh out of the box and have worked with a lot
of old film. TriX Has very good keeping power I think one of the best. As to
unprocessed film I have been known to have film in holders for up to a year
with out much problem.

The new and old TriX IMO is pritty much the same. I did the new Kodak times
and went back to my old notes. As a teache of workshops and classrooms. I
find that when you go down the path of tube processing you start to walk a
fine line in negative quality. When you work with small amounts of developer
you run into problems.

Make sure your chemistry is fresh and dump after use. Please scan a negative
and pm it to me

Jan Pietrzak