Re: could someone summarize, now gum vs. carbon

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 04/15/06-12:34:57 PM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> Peter,
> Thanks for the really nice and lengthy reply, below. I'm so glad to
> see you posting again. I don't know you, but assume you are from GB,
> and therefore are "in the know", seeing as all this stuff started in
> your country. I'm rootin' for your countryman Pouncy all the way :)

Much deleted!

Christina, its called work avoidance. So many things I should have done
today... But thanks for your comments.

I've also had many problems posting to the list, but they all seem
sorted now.

The big problem with Pouncy was that he wouldn't tell people how he made
his paper. I think Terry King has looked at his work more than I have.
Pouncy's prints did win prizes, but not in competition with albumen
prints in terms of quality. They won prizes specifically for carbon or
printers ink prints or for permanent processes.

Regards,

Peter