Re: Sorry to ask again but...

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:49:10 -0400

I don't do anything to prevent Newton rings between the scanner glass
and the auxiliary glass. I was initially concerned about this and
asked a fellow named Julio who moderates a forum on fluid mounting if
this would be a problem. He said no, and in fact I have never seen
Newton rings scanning with the auxiliary glass with the Epson 4800.

Sandy