RE: Yupo

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/09/06-01:19:57 AM Z

Ok, couldn't resist. Because there's a very unpleasant implication here!

I would like to hear the results of your "tests" including the testing
methods and measurement equipment. Remember, you said:
"...How did you assess the validity of your tests? ... Did you try it
under differing humidity conditions? How did you measure the micro
droplets? Did you conduct your tests wearing a mask? How did you test
for the filtration effects of the mask? How would you test for the long
term effects of micro droplets of a corrosive liquid on the lungs?..."

Since you're implying that I'm putting my life and my students' lives in
danger, then I assume you did all of these tests / measurements and
found that foam rollers definitely spay airborne dichromated colloid
micro-droplets that goes to the lungs (when or when not wearing a mask).
If you didn't do such tests and just trashing the practice according to
hypotethical suggestions, then all of this is no different than a
discussion between an atheist and a believer on the existence of God;
nonsense... I agree very much with Clay that abduction by an alien is
more likely risk. Now, I'm waiting info about the scientific tests you
had conducted and their results and how that results convinced you in
absolutely not using foam rollers to apply dichromated colloids on
paper.

BTW, none of my students use foam rollers with dichromated colloids
because they don't practice temperaprint, but if they did they would do
it just as I do - with foam rollers... They all know their materials
because I also provide them the MSDS of the chemicals and tell the
dangers associated with each of them. Of course since it is a part of my
teaching, I know the health risks associated with dichromates (and any
other materials we use) as well... Almost all of the materials used in
alt-process or silver-gelatine are somehow harmful (well, even table
salt is harmful when not used properly); have you checked the mortality
tables in the MSDS (LD50 figures)? There are silver-gelatine materials
are much more poisonous and harmful than alt-process materials.

Loris.