Re: Yupo

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 02/09/06-02:48:52 AM Z

Loris

I am sure that we are both concerned for student safety and that we agree
that good practice leads to safety.

If a safety test is going to have any meaning it needs to be done in a
scientific manner whether it is you, me or anyone else who does it.

I have been making gum prints for over thirty years. I have friends who
have contracted skin cancers and emphysema through their misuse of the chemicals
and equipment when using the dichromate processes. This makes me careful.

As to temperaprint, as there is a method of making 'gum' prints using egg
where normal papers and brushes are used, I have not felt a need for
plasticised paper or foam rollers to apply the dichromated mixtures.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)